s we all navigate our new world together in the effort to keep one another safe and well, The Big Muddy Dance Company is doing everything possible to fulfill its mission of invigorating life through dance, now at home. The company’s two dance studios are closed through the end of May 2020, when we will revisit community health guidelines to determine a new opening date. Upon re-opening our spaces and events, we will be following Kranzberg Arts Foundation’s outlined best practices
in our venues to ensure the safety and health of all our constituents. Please see below for the company’s responses to the COVID-19 crisis, and updates to programming and communication.
- Send a Facebook message to The Big Muddy for a secured Zoom link to take donation-based live ballet barre with Artistic Director Brian Enos and company dancers every morning Monday-Saturday at 10:00 am CDT.
- Join us every week for our Throwback Thursday Watch Party, and view a favorite past repertory work, followed by a Virtual Happy Hour Q&A with the dancers and directors.
- For the wine-lovers: Add some extra fun to your Throwback Thursday Watch Party experience by adding a Wine & Watch package! Three bottles of wine, hand-selected by our friends at F&R Wine Imports, to be paired with our repertoire over the next three weeks. In addition to a wine goodie bag delivered straight to your door, you’ll get access to a wine tasting video along with the dance performance when John Paul and Julie will give a little history about their selected wine from France, and why they chose to pair it with our dance work!
- An official decision about The Big Muddy’s Summer Intensive Program will be made by May 15, based on local and CDC recommendations.
- The company dancers have been working with Artistic Director Brian Enos on creating dance work videos from a distance- check out our most recent creation, Several Dreams. Stay tuned for more to come!
- The Big Muddy will be collaborating with OmniARTS Foundation on three video projects with composers, singers, and musicians from across the nation at specific requests by first responders and their families. The video collaborations will be broadcasted on May 23, May 30, and June 6.
- We are working hard to stay connected with our Senior Embrace audiences at retirement homes through Zoom hands-on workshops, video repertoire, and training sessions with caregivers!
If you have questions or concerns about The Big Muddy Dance Company’s plans moving forward or our organization’s response to the nationwide pandemic, please reach out to Erin Prange at firstname.lastname@example.org.